Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Super Dad

Having a baby is such a life changing event. I mean, it REALLY changes everything. Simple everyday occurences like taking a shower or painting my nails now revolve around that cute little nugget that I created with my husband. I can't take a shower unless Jax has been fed, because what if while I'm in there he has a full fledged meltdown because he's starving? Or heaven forbid I put a fresh coat of paint on my nails and then he cries and wants to be held... what do I do then? I don't mind it one bit though because being a mom is the best thing in the world, and starting a family with B has made our relationship as husband and wife 900 times stronger. We have to work together to raise Jackson. We are a team now, and I feel lucky to be on a team with Jackson's dad because he is seriously the MVP of the daddy world. Here are 5 reasons why I think Brandon Eccles is Super Dad.

1. HE WAS A SINGLE PARENT FOR THE FIRST DAY OF JAX'S LIFE
After Jackson's traumatic entrance into the world {hello extreme blood loss}, this mama couldn't hack it and fell into a DEEP sleep. B was there to make sure little Jackson was taken care of and loved right off the bat. He was there for Jackson's first shots and bath, and in between stints of consciousness he tried so hard to keep me in the loop on how things were going with our baby.



2. HE IS A CHAMPION DIAPER CHANGER
Brandon changed Jackson's diaper before I did! He had never changed one before but was willing to give it a shot when we were still in the hospital. It's such a simple thing, but I'm so happy that my hubs was, and still is willing to serve our sweet little guy by cleaning his bum. He even changes the poopy ones!

3. HE IS THE TEAM LEADER DURING BATH TIME
B takes the lead when Jackson gets a bath. Jax loves it (most of the time) and I like seeing my hubs gently wash Jackson and sweetly talk to him when he needs to be calmed down.



4. HE TAKES ANY CHANCE HE GETS TO HOLD JACKSON
No explanation needed for this one. Brandon never shys away from holding HIS son. He's so proud to be a daddy.


5. HE WEARS THE SOLLY BABY WRAP IN THE MOST MANLY WAY POSSIBLE
I don't know many men that can rock the Solly Baby Wrap like B does. He's definitely in the running for "most manly baby wearer". He loves to put Jackson in the wrap while he's studying. I love it too because this is when I normally get to shower:)

I could go on and on about all of the little things that Brandon does to make my life easier as a mom and all of the sweet things he does to care for Jax, but that's why I limited myself to 5 reasons. Really though, we are the LUCKIEST♥

1 comment:

  1. Great post and pictures! Can't see the video...but I want to.

    ReplyDelete