Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 26, 2012: The Rehearsal Dinner


We recently celebrated our second anniversary (April 27)  and as I look back on our wedding and the days that lead up to it I wish so much that I had written down more of the small little details so that I could remember all of the feelings associated with them. So here I am, back tracking... trying to remember as much as I can about the happiest day of my life up to this point.

Our rehearsal dinner was held at my Uncle Brent and Aunt Thomasyn's house in Cumming, Georgia. They have a gorgeous backyard and I just knew that it would be the perfect set up for the laid back, relaxed night that I was hoping for. Aunt Thomasyn and Aunt Jeni took the lead on the decorating, set up, and the overall look of the evening. Brandon's mom, Annette was gracious enough to provide the food for the guests in attendance. Brandon loves Mexican, so it seemed appropriate that we would enjoy munching on fajitas, as well as chips and salsa.






The weather was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect temperature and there was barely any humidity which is hard to come by on an April night in Georgia. We really couldn't have asked for any better. All of the most important people in our lives were there; our families and closest friends made it a night to remember.

When everyone arrived we ate and mingled. Then we enjoyed some time where guests were encouraged to stand up and share fun memories about us and toast to the happy couple. It was fun to hear stories about Brandon that I had never heard before and B laughed as my family revealed some embarrassing moments of my life.




Following the toast, Thomasyn pulled out a fun surprise: Chinese wish lanterns. We were so excited to light these and enjoy the beauty of the lanterns flying high in the sky. This however did not go as planned. There was a bit of a breeze and as the first lit lantern soared into the air, it did not go straight up. Rather, it turned and aimed straight for the big tall trees in Brent and Thomasyn's backyard. It was a scary moment, but we dodged a bullet when it slowly descended to the ground and was snatched up by one of Brandon's brothers.




After a little bit of clean up, it was time to head out. I kissed my fiancé goodbye for the last time (in the morning he would be my husband!) and headed to my hotel in Atlanta with my cute bridesmaids. I couldn't believe that when I woke up the next day I would be getting married! I don't know if I have ever felt more anxious and excited.

1 comment: