Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Les Miserables

We had a great time seeing Les Mis on Friday at the Hale Center Theater in Orem. Brandon had never seen the theater version of the musical, so I thought it would be a great activity for us to do over spring break. I have to admit that I went with very low expectations-- the play house looks old and dinky from the outside and doesn't show much promise. However, much to my surprise the cast and show was PHENOMENAL. It really was so well done. I loved the quaint, intimate feel of the venue and was impressed by the way that the actors were able to use such a small space to create something so amazing.
As I was watching the show, I thought back to the first time that I saw it. I was 12 years old and my dad and I went on a date to the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. We had great front row seats. I remember thinking how cool it was that we could look down into the orchestra pit, and see the actors spit as they sang! It was such a fun experience for me, and one that I am glad I got to share with my daddy.
After the show, we were hungry so we drove straight to Olive Garden for dinner. It's always enjoyable for me to eat there because I get to see some of my old buddies from my serving days. All in all, it was a great night out with my guy-- I love any opportunity that I get to spend with B.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging! You will love looking back and reliving your memories with each post.

    ReplyDelete